Guidelines for Establishing a Ministry
Or Re-Establishing a Ministry
Establishing a Ministry
A ministry may be established or re-established by submitting a proposal to the Senior Minister and/or designated OGOT personnel. Upon receipt/review of the ministry proposal, the Senior Minister and/or designated OGOT personnel will determine if the proposal meets the needs of OGOT and will notify the requestor of the decision.
The proposal will include details on:
- The purpose of the ministry.
- How the ministry will benefit the minister, congregation, and community in ways that meet the five stated purposes of OGOT.
- The spiritual impact the ministry will have toward the overall vision and mission of OGOT.
- The skills or spiritual gifts required to participate in the ministry.
- Any outside training that is required to make the ministry effective.
- The responsibility of the leader to this ministry.
- The responsibility of ministry members to this ministry.
- The financial resources required. (A detailed financial plan must be submitted with the proposal.)
- How the ministry will support Sunday Worship, if appropriate.
- How often the ministry will meet.
What is a MInistry?
A ministry is a service organization of OGOT that is composed of dedicated volunteers (time tithers) who are called to spiritual service to develop their spiritual growth, build the consciousness of others, support and promote the goals, visions and purposes of the church and provide a supportive atmosphere for fellowship while growing spiritually. A ministry is established to assist the church and the minister to build a stable organization that operates efficiently in fulfilling the purposes of OGOT as stated below:
- To inspire
- To teach
- To promote consciousness development
- To practice the Presence
- To demonstrate principles
- The ministry leader must be an active member of OGOT and at a minimum, have taken Basic Truth Principles I and II. Ministry leaders are appointed by the Senior Minister and are not elected by ministry members or appointed by outgoing ministry leaders.
- If a ministry elects to collect dues, the ministry will follow and adhere to the approved Ministry Designated Funds Policy and Procedures.