One God One Thought Center for Better Living
Ministry Leader’s Meeting Minutes
April 14, 2018
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 12:04 PM by Rev Lameteria Hall
Opening Prayer: Rev Lameteria Hall
Daily Inspiration: Debra Ruffin
April 2018 Minutes: Debra Ruffin-Dorsey motioned to approve the April 2018 Ministry Leaders Meeting minutes with grammatical errors to be corrected and it was seconded by Roshann Steele. Motion carried.
April 2018 Focus: Awake Our Oneness – I AM the One – “Leadership Experience – Inspiring Leadership Tips”
Rev Lameteria Hall summarized that at previous meetings we discussed the following topics on leadership: During February 2018, Refection Notes on the Heart of a Leader focused on five qualities based on the story of Joseph; during March 2018 there was a one-hour workout session on Laughter Yoga with emphasis on building a strong body and “immune system to be in great shape. Rev Lameteria Hall stated because of Laughter Yoga experience she has taken on a new role of being a Spiritual Gelatologist. For the month of April, Inspiring Leadership Tips were discussed to highlight that “the mark of a true leader is the ability to encourage the employee commitment and engagement that is the foundation for continued success”.
Ministry Updates and Announcements
Multi-Media – Elladonna Lanier
- Multi-Media and JCTS Registration met to formalize the OGOT 24th Anniversary weekend events from June 22-24, 2018: Friday, June 22, 2018, Party at IMANI Center; Saturday, June 23, 2018, Prom Night (theme is “Back Together Again”) it is a dressy affair, at OGOT, $35.00; and Sunday, June 23, 2018, Tee Shirt Sunday Fellowship Service. The planning committee has not determined what the anniversary souvenir gift will be; tee shirt will be sold for the Sunday service; requesting each ministry to sell five (5) $35.00 tickets for the Prom; and we are asking for a commitment from 24 people or more for a contribution of $240.00 by June 20, 2018.
- Bridges is sponsoring a one-day workshop retreat during the 2018 POT on August 1,2018 in Atlantic City, NJ. Linda Keith and committee are the planning event. The theme is Awaking the Inner-light in You.
- The 2019 retreat is a cruise to Alaska from June 16-23, 2019 on the Star Princess. Information packets were distributed. Dena Wane is the travel agent representative for the cruise.
- Information for the Release and Be Bless dates will be announced by Carol Pitts on April 15, 2018.
JCTS Registration – Debra Ruffin-Dorsey
- JCTS classes will start on April 17, 2018; however, Bible V started on April 12, 2018. Besides Bible V, Basic Truth I, Basic Truth II, and It Works If You Work It are being taught also this Spring Session.
Harmony Book Store – Rev Lameteria Hall
- The May McCarthy book, “The Path to Wealth” will be included in a package for those who register for the workshop (April 22, 2018) at a price of $41.00 (includes ticket and book) or the book only is $16.00, or workshop only is $25.00.
Prosperity Ministry – Rev. Lameteria Hall
- There will be an announcement by Rev Bernette Jones during 2018 Annual Church Meeting in April 29th regarding the leader of the Prosperity Ministry.
Ushers/Hostesses-Host Ministry – Elaine Atlee
- The date for the all you can eat Flapjack Breakfast is scheduled for April 28, 2018 at AppleBee’s restaurant starting 0700 AM. Tickets are $10 for adults and $5 for children.
Optimal Health – Roshann Steele
- The juicing demonstration schedule for our March meeting is being rescheduled for our May meeting.
- August 26, 2018 will be the 10th anniversary of the start of the ministry. A celebration is being planned once the proposal is approved to do an Optimal Health Day, where the members will do everything during Sunday service, such, sing, platform, lesson sermon and announcements. Polo Shirts are being planned to be sold during Optimal Health’s Anniversary, plus a table with lite Hor d’oeuvres.
Special Service – Henrietta Coward
- Rev Lameteria Hall advised that as of now there is no cleaning service and if any of the ministries are having an event, please, as leaders have your committee members clean up after themselves. It is requested that the large garbage container in the kitchen be used to dispose of food-related trash.
Spiritual Arts – Emma Sembly-Brodie (via e-mail)
- The ministry supported writers with the Writer Roundtable, during March 18 and will meet April 15 from 1130 AM to 0100 PM in room 109, which include writing exercises and discussion.
Prayer Ministry – Rev Judith Hokmah
- We will be participating and supporting Optimal Health on their Anniversary Day of August 26, 2018. The Mastermind prayer is held on Thursdays from 6:15p – 7p. The ministry is having success in having people call in to participate in the Mastermind Prayer by phone.
Youth Ministry – Bessie Haskins
- Youth Sunday is scheduled for April 29, 2018 and the youth will presenting The Twelve Powers Play and it is requested that everyone attend and invite someone.
Music/Choir – Marva Griffin
- Yahya Kamau has written and arranged a Twelve Power chant and we have been singing it every Sunday and with this chant we change the power every month. The choir leaders are developing standard operating procedures (SOP) and activities. Some of the activities are retreats (building relationships and learning the important of commitment and support) and choir concerts to help with network operating expenses.
- Repository Updates – Ministry updated in the repository are required by April 15, 2018
- The Annual Meeting is scheduled for April 29, 2018 after service and there will be no election this year.
- Richard Huge announced he had resigned as the OGOT Center accountant, effective April 27, 2018. On Friday, May 4, 2018, from 6:30 -9:00 PM, there will a celebration for Rev Richard Huge’s 14 years of services as an accountant.
- The church will be open on August 5, 2018, instead of being closed for the 2018 POT Healing Service in Atlantic City, NJ.
Closing Prayer – Meeting was adjourned by Lameteria Hall with closing Prayer at 2:00 PM.
Attendees: Rev. Lameteria Hall (Asst. to Senior Minister), Henrietta Coward (Special Services), Karen Clay (Optimal Health), Michael Staples (Hostess/Ushers), Van Johnson (BoD/Choir), Richard H. Huge (Prosperity Ministry), Roshann Steel (Optimal Health), Rev Judith Hokmah (Prayer Ministry), Debra Ruffin-Dorsey (JCTS), Donna Gaither (Bridges), Bessie Haskins (Youth), Rev Jeannette Gatewood-Johnson (Bridges), Marva Griffin (Music/Choir), Virginia Wake (BoD), Elladonna Lanier (Multi-Media), Queen Bohanan (Hostess), Linda Keith (Bridges), Yahya Kamau (Music), Karl Mills (BoD)