One God One Thought Center for Better Living
Ministry Leader’s Meeting Minutes
February 10, 2018
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 12:00 PM by Rev Lameteria Hall
Opening Prayer: Rev Lameteria Hall
Daily Inspiration: Donna Gaither
January 2018 Minutes: Henrietta Coward motioned to approve the January 2018 Ministry Leaders Meeting Minutes and it was seconded by Paulette Lucas. Motion carried.
February 2018 Focus: Awaken Our Oneness in Love as a Leader
Our 2018 focus is “Awaken Our Oneness.” Rev Lameteria explained she will focus on our Twelve Spiritual Powers as a way of “Awakening Our Oneness starting off with the Power of Love. Some reflection notes on “The Heart of a Leader” were distributed and a discussion ensued on the five (5) qualities to seek in the heart of a leader. The qualities of Imagination, Integrity, Investment, Intentionality, and Innovation were exemplified by the biblical character, Joseph during his spiritual growth in leadership.
OGOT Repository Update
Rev Lameteria Hall recommended that each Ministry Leader inform their members and congregates the minutes from our meetings are posted after review and approval by the group at the next meeting.
Donna Gaither raised the possibility of the minutes from the OGOT Board of Directors being posted to the repository. Consensus was that this would best be part of the OGOT website. It also was noted that, as a 501(c)3 entity, board meetings must be open.
- Rev. Lameteria Hall mentioned that she was inspired to run 40-Day Love Campaign and the goal was to connect with a minimum of 4,000 persons. That goal was achieved with fast communication with social media.
- Rev Lameteria Hall stated OGOT is planning for the entire church to experience POT Healing Service on August 5, 2018. The church will be close that Sunday. Plans are in progress to have bus available to take congregates to the service.
Multi-Media – EllaDonna Lanier was resting and not available.
- No updates.
Bridges – Linda Keith/Donna Gaither
- Bridges is developing their proposal for their 2018 retreat.
- Bridges would like to get feedback from the Ministries to see they would like to collect loose change (coins) from their members and donate it to Bridges’ Angel Coins for Youth Scholarship Funds.
- Bridges assisted a family that was in need of food by doing a food collection, which was successful.
JCTS Registration – Debra Ruffin-Dorsey
- A request was recommended to encourage Minister Leaders take some classes.
- JCTS is partnering with Multi-Media to celebrate a Reunion (a two-day event) during mid-June 2018; however, the two ministries are looking for another ministry to help and support. A meeting is schedule on February 11, 2018 to plan the event.
Harmony Book Store – Sheila Troy
- The bookstore has successfully completed an inventory recap of all the new readings for our classes and an January inventory of our existing books, which will be submitted to Rev Richard Hugh.
- The bookstore will continue the pop-up vendor bazaar to the end of the month. Things sold were practical things that people could use.
- There are some extra Daily Inspiration available sell this Sunday, otherwise, people will be encouraged to complete a subscription order form and mail to the UFBL.
Prosperity Ministry – Rev. Lameteria
- This ministry currently is inactive.
Ushers/Hostesses-Host Ministry – Michael Staples
- No updates
Optimal Health – Karen Clay
The 40-day Lenten journey and the 21-day journey will be held again this year.
- The 40-day Fast meeting is scheduled for March 11, 2018.
- The 21-day journey will begin in October.
- This August will be the 10th anniversary of the start of the ministry. A celebration is being planned.
Special Service – Henrietta Coward
- No updates
Spiritual Arts – Emma Sembly-Brodie
- A Year in Review Party was successfully on January 21, 2018 after service. It was a positive and motivational experience because people that were in the fashion show don’t get a chance to themselves.
- The ministry will do Writer Exchanges during March 17 and June 23, which will be a creative space where people can feel empowered. In the summer, during July, we proposed to do a Karaoke Night.
- The ministry would like to do a film production of the play “I AM” and do premiere during OGOT’s 25th Anniversary.
- The Annual Talent and Fashion Show will be held early in November 2018, before the holiday in order that the vendors will have a great opportunity to sell their gift items.
Prayer Ministry – Elaine Atlee
- Mastermind prayer is still held on Thursdays from 6:15p – 7p. The ministry is looking into how to have people participate remotely. The Mastermind Prayer is also being updated.
Youth Ministry – Linda Keith
- Ministry is working on a proposal to invite back alumni YECM to the Scholarship Breakfast in June 2018.
Music/Choir – Paulette Lucas
- The ministry would like to do a Joy Night this year. There is a prayer request out there for the choir to sang at POT this year.
- We have one member to join the choir after the Burning Bowl experience, her name is Rosemary Battle.
Closing Prayer – Meeting was adjourned by Paulette Lucas with closing Prayer at 2:00 PM.
Attendees: Sheila Troy (Harmony Bookstore), Debra Ruffin Dorsey (Prayer/JCTS), Rev. Lameteria Hall (Asst. to Senior Minister), Henrietta Coward (Special Services), Donna Gaither (Bridges), Emma Sembly-Brodie (Spiritual Arts), Karen Clay (Optimal Health), Elaine Atlee (Hostess/Ushers), Van Johnson (BoD/Choir), Paulette Lucas (Choir), Michael Staples (Ushers/Hostess), Linda Keith (Bridges/Choir)