One God One Thought Center for Better Living
Ministry Leader’s Meeting Minutes
February 11, 2017
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 12:00 pm by Rev Lameteria Hall
Opening Prayer/Introduction: Rev Lameteria Hall
Daily Inspiration: Van Johnson
Reflection of Ministry Leader’s Meeting -November 15, 2005: Rev Lameteria Hall requested all presence to look over and reflect on some notes from the November 15, 2005 Ministry Leader’s meeting that Rev Bernette Jones had pulled from her archive files. It contains some golden nugget thoughts that were being focus upon in 2005 and we are hoping that these are still the same shared thoughts for 2017.
December 2016 and January 2017 Minutes: Rev Jeannette Gatewood-Johnson motioned to approve the December 2016 and January 2017 Ministry Leaders Meeting minutes, second by Paulette Lucas.
- Ministry Leaders Manual Updates – Karen Clay:
Karen Clay began by stating that the draft document (OGOT Ministry Description Form Elements) was reviewed and approved by Rev Bernette Jones and Rev Lameteria Hall to be distributed to each Ministry Leaders. After the ministry description is emailed to the ministry leaders, it is requested that the form be completed online within two weeks. The following components that Karen Clay would like to have online are February 28, 2017:
- Ministry Descriptions
- Monthly Calendar
- Ministry Minutes for January and February
The next major components will be the Policies & Procedures. The link with the ministry description will be available by February 12, 2017 and it should be completed by February 22, 2017.
Ushers/Hostesses Applebee Flapjack Fellowship 3/11/17 – Michael Staples
Michael Staples stated that the church promotions for the Flapjack Breakfast project at Applebee’s Restaurant will start on February 19, 2017. Price is $10 for adults and $5 for children. Need to get a minimum 50 people to attend. The time of the event is 8:00 AM to 10:00 AM. Percentage will be 75% for adults and 50% for children. The following requirements need to happen:
- Tee shirts production acknowledging the projects has not been finalized, so the idea will not happen. It was suggested to announced when promoting the breakfast that the people wear an old OGOT, UFBL, or POT tee shirt to the breakfast to recognize the organization.
- Michael Staples will communicate and have the usher/hostess to sign a waiver provided by Applebee.
- Elaine Atlee stated volunteers are requested from the ministries to help greet the guests, serve the food, and clean up afterward.
- Michael Staples was requested to find out from Applebee the maximum number of people that can attend and exact age of the children.
Multi-Media Prom & JCTS Class Reunion – Elladonna Lanier
Elladonna Lanier advised that the date of event has changed to April 28, 2017. Price is $15 per person and $25 per couple. Time of the event changed to 7:00 PM – 11:00 PM.
- Special Relevant Forum – Creating Sacred Space and Promoting Sacred Activism – Rev Richard Huge – 2/22/17
- Ash Wednesday Service – 3/1/17 – 7:00 PM
- Wednesday Mid-Week Discussion Groups – Rev Annette King-El and Van Johnson – 7-9 PM
- Palm Sunday Service – 4/9/17
- Good Friday Service – 4/14/17 -12:00 PM
- Easter Sunday Service – 4/16/17
- Annual Meeting – 4/23/17
OGOT Choir – Paulette Lucas
- On Feb 26th Aaron Hill and Ama Chandra will be guest soloists
- Request that the congregation dress in African attires.
- Bea Baily is returning to sing with the OGOT choir
Multi-Media – Elladonna Lanier
- Two DVD players were donated the Multi-Media
Optimal Health – Karen Clay
- The monthly meeting for Sunday, February 12, 2017, will be held at an outside location.
- A survey for Optimal Health Ministry was distributed to the ministry leaders to fill out and it will also be provided to the congregation on Sunday.
Operational – Rev Lameteria Hall
- Weekly activities of events and meeting are posted.
- Special Services – emergency procedures activities ran smoothly.
Prosperity Ministry – Rev Deborah Smith
- No report, the ministry is regrouping.
JCTS – Debra Ruffin Dorsey
- A total of 36 students registered for the classes
Special Services – Henrietta Coward
- It is requested that the ministries donate supplies to the church.
Usher/Hosts/Hostess – Michael Staples
- Applebee Flapjack Breakfast event – March 11, 2017 – 8 – 10 AM
Youth Ministry – Bessie Haskins
- The guest person to do a meditation session with the youth is Henrietta Coward.
Bridges – Rev Jeannette-Gatewood Johnson
- Collecting Angel coins to be donated to the Youth Ministry, but will have to check to see if possible.
Closing Prayer – Meeting was adjourned by Rev Lameteria Hall with closing Prayer at 2:00 PM.
Attendees: Rev Annette Kinel – (Board) – Van Johnson (Choir/Board) – EllaDonna Lanier (Multimedia) – Henrietta Coward (Special Services) – Karen Clay (Optimal Health) – Michael Staples (Ushers) – Elaine Atlee (Hostesses) – Bessie Haskins (Youth) – Rev Jeanette Johnson (Bridges) – Rev Deborah Smith (Prosperity) – Debra Ruffin-Dorsey (JCTS) – Paulette Lucas (Music/Choir)