One God One Thought Center for Better Living
Ministry Leader’s Meeting Minutes
October 14, 2017
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 12:05 PM by Karen Clay
Opening Prayer: Rev Bernette L. Jones
Daily Inspiration: Henrietta Coward
September 2017 Minutes: James Michael Brodie motioned to approve the September 2017 Ministry Leaders Meeting minutes with edits, second by Bessie Haskins. Motion carried.
Multi-Media –No Updates
OGOT Choir – Gerald Brown
- The choir will be singing two new songs on October 22, 2017, when Rev Doral Pulley will be delivering the message.
Bridges – No Updates
JCTS Registration – Debra Ruffin-Dorsey
- Debra Ruffin-Dorsey requested the Ministry Leaders to hold vision with her that the numbers of students increase to 10 students per classes. We encourage ministry leaders to take a class.
- Rev Bernette Jones stated that Rev Lameteria Hall, Dean of UFBL Teachers Training Program, is at the Universal Truth Center, Miami Garden, FL, this weekend for the second onsite training sessions for 18 students. Christ Universal Temple has started a second on site teacher training class in the original way teachers were trained. Two models of training the teachers are in process.
- Rev Bernette Jones recommended that in 2018 that we plan to have Class Reunion, by inviting everyone that have taken JCTS classes back to OGOT for class reunion.
Harmony Book – No Update
Prosperity Ministry – Deborah Smith
- Prosperity Ministry is sponsoring the Empowering Fashion and Talent Show this year. Each Ministry Leaders was provided with an ad contract for the program book to determine if the Ministry would be committed in doing an ad for the program book. Deadline for submitting ads is October 22, 2017. At the present time only 19 tickets have been sold and all the vendors tables have been purchased by vendors.
- The prices of the tickets are $25 for one and $40 for two. At the door tickets will be $30. Children 12 and under will $15.
Ushers/Hostesses-Host Ministry – Elaine Atlee
- The Ushers/ Hostesses -Host will have a planning meeting on October 15, to discuss what event they will present during the fourth week of AIF – Relational Unfoldment, November 3.
- The movie “Secret” will be shown during the week of Relational Unfoldment.
Optimal Health – Roshann B. Steele
- Optimal Health has started its 21 Day Mindful Journey. The Wednesday nights discussions group have been
going very well, with the following upcoming events to occur: 10/18-Josephene Brown presents “Easy Peasy
Detoxing”; 10/25-Kimberly Nelson presents “Everyday Wellness”; and 10/29-21 Day Brunch Celebration – Love offering of $15.00 for adults and children 10 years and under will be no charge.
- In 2018 Optimal Health will be celebrating 10 years of service to OGOT. There will be celebration sometime in August 2018.
- Jahari Adjauri will be a vendor at our upcoming bazaar in November displaying and selling her Sacred Jewelry and raw deserts.
OGOT BoD – Van Johnson
- Van Johnson stated he volunteered to chair the Development/Governance Committee for the Board of Directors. The focus of the committee is to review the existing OGOT policies, amend existing policies and establishing new policies. Volunteers were invited to next committee meeting on October 25, 2017 at 5:30 PM, to assist in reviewing the policies.
Special Service – Henrietta Coward
- Henrietta Coward advised that all is well.
Spiritual Arts – James Michael Brodie
- Michael Brodie distributed a report on The “Empowering” Fashion Show which is scheduled for November 18, 2017.
- Deborah Smith is handling the ticket sell and we are still anticipating to sell 130 seats.
- The Wide-Angle Youth Media will not be able to participate in the event this year. We have found in-house talent and video elements to record the event.
- Rehearsals are now scheduled for each Saturday until the until show on November 18.
Prayer Ministry – Debra Ruffin Dorsey
- The prayer ministry’s Friday Movie Night was a success by showing “War Room” on October 13, 2017. Discussion highlighted the various tools that one can use to strengthen their spiritual development. The movie focused on the tool of scripture prayer; finding a sacred space (war room) to develop your prayer skills; and reaching out to new congregants and new members to showing them how to pray.
- Rev Bernette Jones recommend that the rolling bulletin board in the sanctuary be used to display the answered prayers that have manifested.
Youth Ministry – Bessie Haskins
- Bessie Haskins advised that Youth Sunday and Spiritualween 2017 will be held on October 29, 2017. Andre Keyser will be delivering the lesson Youth Sunday.
- Rev Bernette Jones mentioned that after service on the 29th of October, during the Spiritualween activities the DVD of POT’s Opening Night Ceremony, presenting ASHE will be showing.
Ministry Leaders Repository Updates – Karen Clay
- Karen Clay informed the Ministry Leaders that it has been proposed by Rev Lameteria Hall that during the end of December 2017 or the beginning of January 2018 there will be a launch and unveiling of the full complete spit polish Ministry Leaders Repository to the OGOT congregation.
- Karen Clay requested that the Ministry Leaders should enter their proposed events on the repository calendar. The Ministry should also notify Karen Clay the name of the person that will be responsible for enter the upcoming event dates of their Ministry in the calendar.
- Karen Clay requested the Prayer Ministry to provide her their description for the repository.
- James Michael Brodie distributed information and discussed the evolvement of an online presence for OGOT to spread the message of New Thought Christianity. The Ministry Leaders was requested to review the draft and make recommendations for the website infrastructure. Karen Clay stated that there is no private information (such as phone numbers, addresses or email addresses) in the Ministry Leaders Repository.
- Rev Bernette Jones distributed a report on the upcoming Ministry Leadership Workshop for In the Life Ministries which is scheduled for November 11, 2017.
- Rev Bernette Jones is requesting the Ministry Leaders and any members of their team to participate in the workshop by giving the following information about your ministry in a 5-minute presentation:
- Background and intentions of the ministry
- Services provided to the larger spiritual community.
- How the ministry relates to spiritual unfoldment and growth of its members.
Rev Bernette Jones request the Ministry provide her with name of the presenter and the number of members
that will be attending by October 25, 2017.
Closing Prayer – Meeting was adjourned by Gerald Brown with closing Prayer at 2:15 PM.
Attendees: Van Johnson – (Choir/Board), James Michael-Brodie – (Spiritual Arts), Rev Bernette L Jones – (Senior Ministry). Elaine Atlee- (Ushers/Host/Hostess), Deborah Smith- (Prosperity), Debra Ruffin-Dorsey- (Prayer/JCTS), Rose Deeley – (Optimal Health), Henrietta Coward- (Special Service), Gerald Brown- (Choir), Roshann B. Steele-(Optimal Health), Karen Clay- (Optimal Health), Bessie Haskins- (Youth Ministry), Michael Staples- (Ushers/Hostess)