One God One Thought Center for Better Living
Ministry Leader’s Meeting Minutes
April 8, 2017
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 12:00 noon by Rev. Lameteria Hall
Opening Prayer/Introduction: Rev. Lameteria Hall
Daily Inspiration: Van Johnson
March 2017 Minutes: Rev Jeannette Gatewood-Johnson motioned to approve the March 2017 Ministry Leaders Meeting minutes with the noted changes, second by Crystal Kirby. Motion carried.
Multi-Media Prom & JCTS Class Reunion – Amber Havranek
- Amber Havranek advised that the date of event is April 28, 2017 and the time changed to 7:00p – 11:00p. The event will be catered under the coordination of Deborah Ruffin-Dorsey, who is certified to handle any food activities on behalf of OGOT. Dress to impress in formal ware.
- Deborah Smith advised that there are two streams of income for the events; one is event tickets of $15 per person and $25 per couple and the second form of income is king and queen tickets of $2.00 each.
OGOT Choir – Paulette Lucas
- The choir is growing due to an invite of members of the church.
- The choir has a new digital piano and a new pianist by the name of Cynthia Shepherd. Plus, two guitars, a bongo drum and a conga drum was donated to OGOT.
- Donated $300 towards the purchase of a floor burnisher.
Bridges – Rev Jeannette Gatewood-Johnson
- Bridges’ retreat committee is looking at several possibilities of offering a retreat during 2017; one at the UFBL 2017 POT in August 2017 or one retreat locally for members not going to POT, and, or having the retreat at both locations (POT and locally).
- During the entire month of May 2017, Bridges will demonstrate the Principle of Release with “Released and Be Blessed”, with the assistance of the Saver Program component for members to release items that they would like to donate. The designated dates for members to bring items for pickup by Saver are May 18-22 during church office hours.
JCTS Registration – Deborah Ruffin-Dorsey
- There is a total 37 people registered for the Spring Semester. The first class starts on April 11, 2017.
- Annette King-El advised that the Lenten Discussion Group Series being held on Wednesday nights has two more sessions; the facilitators, Rev. Annette King-El and Van Johnson will take a two-week break and resume a Prosperity Discussion Group Series for weeks during May and June 2017.
Harmony Book – Crystal Kirby
- The Book Store has a new co-chair by the of Sheila Sembly.
- The Book Store is doing well on the Elimination Sale, of inventory and donated books, which were marked down. Store hours on Sunday are from 0845 to 0920 AM and from 1100 AM to 1200 PM.
Prosperity Ministry – Rev. Deborah Smith
- The Prosperity Ministry had a reorganization meeting in March 2017 to revamp its program for 2017. Additional information will be provided on upcoming plan events.
Ushers/Hostesses – Michael Staples
- Michael Staples stated that he has not selected a date for the Flapjack Breakfast project at Apple Bee restaurant in 2018. He stated he will check for a time slot during May 2018.
- The flapjack breakfast made a net profit $710; $360 going to the ministry account and $350 going to church operations
- OGOT Bar-b-que is being schedule for September 10, 2017
Optimal Health – Roshann Steele
- Juicing Demonstration – April 9, 2017, there will be juicing demonstration, which is an individualized 40 days fast. Request a love offering $5.00 or $10.00
OGOT BoD – Rev. Annette King-El
- OGOT BoD monthly meeting is scheduled for April 22, 2017.
- Annette King-EL mentioned that year-ending 2016 ministry funds were allocated to the church operations account. Discussion among leaders were held and at the end of this meeting, it was announced that Ministry Leaders could attend the Board meeting to participate in the discussion regarding the ministry fund allocation at the end of each year.
- Lameteria Hall advised Rev Annette King-El that she will have a side meeting with her to discuss what assets that are being released or have been released from OGOT, so that the BoD can readjust the financial statement of OGOT assets being depreciated.
Ministry Leaders Repository Updates – Karen Clay:
- Karen Clay stated that she has all of the ministries descriptions, except two (Drama Life Ministry and Prayer Chaplin Ministry), which means 84% completion of in the Ministry Leaders Repository. Karen Clay has requested that she be permitted to provide an update on the Ministry Leaders Repository at each future ministry leaders meeting until further notice.
- Karen Clay distributed and discussed draft copies of OGOT’s Guidelines for Establishing or Re-establishing a Ministry and Ministry Annual Financial Plan/Report.
- ogotmr.net is the website and can be linked from the APP and OGOT website.
- Questions and help support can be directed to Karen Clay via the Ministry Leaders Repository website.
- Wednesday Mid-Week Discussion Groups – Rev. Annette King-El and Van Johnson – 7-9PM
- Palm Sunday Service – 4/9/17
- Good Friday Service – 4/14/17 -1200PM
- Easter Sunday Service – 4/16/17
- Annual Meeting – 4/30/17
- OGOT 23rd Anniversary Celebration – Jazz Brunch-6/25/17
Rev Lameteria Hall stated she met with the following ministries:
- Harmony Book Store – New Co-Leader is Sheila Sembly; Elimination Sale was held to release old books.
- Multimedia Ministry – Experts reviewed old electronic equipment to be release; Music instruments were donated (piano, conga / bongo drums, guitars).
- Special Services – New Co-Leader is Crystal Kirby.
The next quarter (April thru June) ministry focus is: Platform, Facilities & Decorating and Usher/Hostesses.
Closing Prayer – Meeting was adjourned by Rev. Lameteria Hall with closing Prayer at 2:02 PM.
Attendees: Rev Annette King-El – (Board), Van Johnson – (Choir/Board), EllaDonna Lanier – (Multimedia), Rev Jeannette Gatewood-Johnson – (Bridges), Henrietta Coward – (Special Services), Karen Clay – (Optimal Health), Michael Staples – (Ushers), Elaine Atlee – (Hostesses), Bessie Haskins – (Youth Ministry). Paula Lucas – (Music/Choir), Debra Ruffin-Dorsey – (JCTS Registration), Rev Lameteria Hall – (Sr Minister Assistant), Crystal Kirby – (Board/Harmony Book Store), Deborah Smith – (Prosperity), Amber Havranek – (Choir)