One God One Thought Center for Better Living
Ministry Leader’s Meeting Minutes
January 12, 2019
Date updated 2/21/2019
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 12:00 PM
Opening Prayer: Paulette Lucas
Daily Inspiration: Emma Sembly-Brodie
December 2018 Minutes: Paulette Lucas motioned to approve the December 2018 Ministry Leaders Meeting minutes with grammatical errors to be corrected and it was seconded by Elaine Atlee. Motion carried.
25th Anniversary Logo: Karen Clay informed the Ministry Leaders to be aware of the 25th ‘SPIRITUAL SOLUTIONS’ Anniversary logo, which will be featured on all church documents through-out the whole year of 2019. It is about celebrating all year long a major milestone.
Multi-Media – EllaDonna Lanier and Jerome King
- Jerome King stated how Multi-Media is expanding its role in the website and live streaming projects; and we seek your support by you providing ideas as we go forward. EllaDonna Lanier introduced a new member to Multi-Media, Nicole Green. Karen Clay asked a question regarding policy and privacy, what do you focus on doing live streaming? Ella stated we are at the beginning stage of testing and right now we are only focusing on the platform. Jerome stated that what we have on film is stored in a repository and that he and Elladonna are the only two people that have access to the test filming. Ella and Jerome informed that they in the process of developing procedures. Karen also stated that we need to educate the congregation that private live streaming should not be done without permission, because they are violating copyright infringement. Some ways to inform the congregation is by using the e-blast, bulletin, signs, and vocal announcements. Karen reminded everyone that the OGOT Board of Directors does not have to approve the streaming, but they must approve the policies, procedures, and practices that support the streaming, One of the responsibilities of the Board is to protect the brand or reputation of the church.
Bridges – Rev Jeannette Gatewood-Johnson and Linda Keith
- Still in the process of developing our Mastermind Prayer and gearing up for all the things we are going to be responsible for during the 25th Anniversary celebration.
- During POT, Bridges did an experience and we were asked to do this experience at OGOT. The date of the experience is planned for March 3, 2019 during our regular meeting time. Additional information and flyers will be forthcoming. The name of the experience is “Awaken the Inner-Light in You.”
JCTS Registration – Debra Ruffin-Dorsey
- Registration for the Winter Session starts January 13, 2019. We will have Sunday class this year, which starts on January 20, 2019. First class starts the week of January 15, 2019.
.Harmony Book Store – Sheila Sembly-Crum
- Sold out of Daily Inspiration for January and February.
- We are trying to bring some new energy into bookstore, by moving some the old inventory out and bring some inspirational literature.
Prosperity Ministry – Inactive Status
Ushers/Hostesses-Host Ministry – Michael Staples and Elaine Atlee
- Nothing new to report.
- Still In the process of collecting funds for the 25th Anniversary and asking members to pledge $30.00.
Optimal Health – Roshann Steele
- The month of February is Optimal Health’s month and we will be doing our hospitality table after service on Sunday.
- We will be featuring a Blessing Basket during February, which will be raffle off on the last Sunday in February. Price of the raffle ticket will provide on the first Sunday in February. All proceeds will be given to the church
- We are planning to start a book club a discuss feature books (topics on health, wellness, consciousness) during our 2nd Sunday meeting or other days pre-arranged with the church.
- Sheila Sembly-Crum will be our guest speaker in February and the topic will be Aromatherapy.
Special Service – Henrietta Coward
- No new updates.
Spiritual Arts – Emma Sembly-Brodie
- Next Sunday, January 20, 2019, there will a Viewing Party, from 11:30 AM to 12:30 PM, of “Awoke: One Breath at a Time.”
- May 4, 2019 the writer’s group is planning to do Poetry Café under the Stars from 7:00 to 9:00 PM, Saturday.
Prayer Ministry – Debra Ruffin-Dorsey
- No new updates.
Youth Ministry – Bessie Haskins
- First Sunday Birthdays for the youth will start in February, which will be called “Birthing the Christ Within”. Every first Sunday we will discuss birthing the Christ within them.
- Bessie Haskins was acknowledged for the December Youth Sunday Service and the personal testimony given by youth.
Music/Choir – Paulette Lucas
- Yayah Kamus is requesting to provide some updates to the website development.
- Paulette advised that the choir concert planned for January 26, 2019 has been cancelled and proposing another date during the month of August 10, 2019, from 5:00 to 7:00 PM. The sub-committee members are Linda Keith, Inez Wells-Pridget, Stephanie Dines, Debra Wells-Wright, and Emma Sembly-Brodie; Tickets will be $20 in advance and $25 at the door.
- Starting on January 13, and every 2nd Sunday a Spiritual Band will be doing gossip jazz music.
- The next Ministry Leaders Meeting is scheduled for February 9, 2019, 12:00 – 2:00 PM.
- Rev Jeannette Gatewood-Johnson acknowledged that the 25th Anniversary Kick-Off Celebration on January 13, 2019, rain or shine
- On February 20, 2019, the tickets for the gala will go on sale and a payment plan can be made available. Then on January 27, 2019, the program book and patron ads kick off with the cost being at that time. No child under 18 years is invited to attend. Black tie formal and semi-formal ware. Blue on the Water is the location of the gala on June 1, 2019. The $300.00 contribution by each ministry is due by February 24, 2019.
- Rev Lameteria and Rev Jones will be announcing a 25th Anniversary Legacy Campaign, where we get 100 people to contribute $250 where raise $25,000.
- Under the leadership of James Michael Brodie as the Board Chairman of the committee we are back on track with redesign of the church website and we had our initial meeting on January 12, 2019. If Yayah Kamus has some recommendations for the website, he should get in James Michael Brodie. The website committee members are James Michael Brodie, Rev Jeannette Gatewood-Johnson, Karen Clay, Elladonna Lanier, Jerome King, Dene Wane, and Linda M. Soares. If we cannot sustain it, we will not build it, or we will take it down.
Closing Prayer – Meeting was adjourned by Linda Keith with closing Prayer at 1:04 PM.
Attendees: Karen Clay (Optimal Health), C. Michael Staples (Hostess/Ushers), Van Johnson (BoD/Choir), Debra Ruffin-Dorsey (JCTS), Rev Jeannette Gatewood-Johnson (Bridges), Elladonna Lanier (Multi-Media), Elaine Atlee (Hostess), Emma Sembly-Brodie (Spiritual Arts), Roshann Steele (Optimal Health), Bessie Haskins (Youth), Paulette Lucas (OGOT Choir), Linda Keith (Bridges), Nicole Green (Multi-Media), Donna R. Gaither (Bridges), Sheila Sembly-Crum (Book Store), James Michael Brodie (BoD/Spiritual Arts), Jerome V. King (Multi-Media), Henrietta Coward (Special Service/Security)