One God One Thought Center for Better Living
Ministry Leader’s Meeting Minutes
December 9, 2017
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 12:00 PM by Rev Lameteria Hall
Opening Prayer: Rev Lameteria Hall
Daily Inspiration: Linda Keith
October 2017 Minutes: James Michael Brodie motioned to approve the October 2017 Ministry Leaders Meeting Minutes with edits, second by Michael Staples. Motion carried.
Please Note: No ministry meeting/minutes for November, because of the Ministry Leadership Workshop for the In the Life Ministries of Brooklyn, N.Y. which was held November 11, 2017.
Ministry Updates: Highlights of 2017
Multi-Media – EllaDonna Lanier
The Celebration of the OGOT Prom, and having the proceeds going toward getting a new monitor.
OGOT Choir – Paulette Lucas
- The memorial of Charmayne Campbell Bailey. All the choir members showed up to sing, support and serve the family.
Bridges – Linda Keith
- The Bridges Retreat 2017 at the National Harbor, Maryland which Linda Keith was the chair. Key words: Let go and let God work everything out.
JCTS Registration – Debra Ruffin-Dorsey
- Increased class enrollment for 2017.
Harmony Book Store – Sheila Troy
- Sheila Troy became the new ministry leader for the Bookstore. Key words: Spiritual releasing and regeneration.
Prosperity Ministry – Deborah Smith
- Key words: Hibernation and reflection.
Ushers/Hostesses-Host Ministry – Michael Staples
- The Flap Jack Breakfast. Re-teaching members how to serve people. Key words: Reconnection and communication.
Optimal Health – Roshann Steele
- Faith and service during the 21 Day Mindful Journey.
- The Wednesday nights workshop discussion groups were excellent.
- At the annual cook-out, the Optimal Health food table the member stepped up during the absence of the leaders. Key words: Standing in the gap, provided by Karen Clay.
OGOT Board of Directors – James Michael Brodie
- Key words: Focused, why we are here. James Michael Brodie expressed his gratitude to Paulette Lucas for bringing him to the level he is at today.
Special Service – Henrietta Coward
- Key words: Togetherness.
Spiritual Arts – Emma Sembly-Brodie
- Key words: Growth and confirmation. Standing on faith, standing in the gap.
Prayer Ministry – Debra Ruffin Dorsey
- Key words: Consistency, getting the job done, no matter what.
Youth Ministry – No Updates
- However, Rev Lameteria Hall stated we have a great appreciation for the few serving our youth and the greatness of the few. Andre’ Keyser delivered the message for all the youth lesson services in 2017.
- Rev Lameteria Hall requested a list of proposed things to do for FY2018.
- Continuing Wednesday night workshops
- Bless and release project
- 2018 Scholarship Breakfast
- The Community Partners agreement is renewed each year.
- JCTS is developing a new team.
- Vision for 2018 – 100 days. Rev Lameteria Hall gave a January assignment to each ministry leader: bring some pictures for our vision board. The vision board will be put together in January. Let it reflect a healthy, happy and prosperous life…reflection our vision.
- Three areas to focus on:
- 1) Repository
- 2) Develop leadership and teams
- 3) Service impact.
- Rev Lameteria Hall stated she have received updated calendar events from the following ministries, Optimal Health, Prayer and Usher/Hostess. All ministries should have their proposed calendar of events for 2018 in by December 24, 2017.
- Homework Assignment: Write a thank you letter to your ministry, a letter of gratitude using the envelope and paper provided.
Closing Prayer – Meeting was adjourned by Rev Lameteria Hall with closing Prayer at 1:15 PM.
At the close of our meeting we enjoyed a Holiday celebration of food and conversation, celebrating our amazing year of 2017.
Attendees: Theodocia Newman – (Board), James Michael-Brodie – (Spiritual Arts), Rev Lameteria Hall – (Assistant to the Minister). Elaine Atlee- (Ushers/Host/Hostess), Deborah Smith- (Prosperity), Debra Ruffin-Dorsey- (Prayer/JCTS), Karen Clay – (Optimal Health), Henrietta Coward- (Special Service), Paulette Lucas- (Choir), Roshann Steele-(Optimal Health), Emma Sembly-Brodie- (Spiritual Arts), Sheila Troy- (Harmony Bookstore), Michael Staples- (Ushers/Hostess), EllaDonna Lanier- (Multi-Media), Linda Keith- (Bridges), Donna R. Gaither- (Bridges)