One God One Thought Center for Better Living
Ministry Leader’s Meeting Minutes
January 14, 2017
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 12:11 pm by Rev Bernette L. Jones
Opening Prayer/Introduction: Rev Bernette L Jones opened the meeting by stating that the theme for 2017 is “We are all Connected” and we know that we have a vision for greater collaboration, greater inter-ministry involvement, and joint projects which have been demonstrations because of being connected. Rev Bernette Jones introduced Rev Lameteria Hall, as the new Assistance to the Senior Minister, and stated that Rev Lameteria Hall has been charged with the following three duties or goals:
- Full development of our spiritual learning center. (JCTS Classes, Relevant Issue Forum, and Workshops)
- Supporting and assisting development of our ministries. (Facilitating the Ministry Leaders Meetings)
- Fully developing our facility use policies/procedures and implementation. (Use our facility for internal and external purposes)
Rev. Lameteria Hall opened with the foundation scripture (Ps 127:1) of OGOT from its beginning 1991, “Unless the Lord build the house, they labor in vain who build it;” Rev Lameteria Hall stated that she plans to work with the OGOT Ministries development for 2017 by using the following quarterly schedule and that addition information will be forth coming:
1st Quarter – Special Service, Men Expressing Christ, Multi-media and Bookstore
2nd Quarter – Platform, Facilities and Decorating, Usher/Hosts/Hostess
3rd Quarter – Prosperity, Adult Youth, Dance, Music, Choir, and Youth 4th Quarter – Bridges, Optimal Health, and any others
The areas of focus when working with the ministries will involve the following:
- Review sessions – to determine what the ministry is about.
- Goals for Growth
- Resources – what is available and that which you would like to have. Rev Lameteria Hall highlighted the following updates:
- Copy Room – Has been arranged so that the ministries can use space for administrative concerns.
- Ministry Leaders’ computer is available in the library. The password was distributed during the meeting. If you forget check with Rev Lameteria.
- Ministers will have a desk in the library.
- As the facilitator of the Ministry Leaders Meeting, ministry leaders can expect the meetings to start and end on time (1200 – 0200 PM) every 2nd Saturday of the month, unless notification of cancellation or time change.
Daily Inspiration: Peagen (guest)
Approval of December and January Minutes: Minutes for December 2016 and January 2017 will be provided at the February 2017 meeting for approval.
Ministry Repository Updates – Karen Clay:
Karen Clay began by stating that during our last meeting in December 2016, we have had numerous discussion on the topic of communication and how important it is to improve communication and the dissemination of information for ministries, so that ministries know how to operate in order in support of the church. Because of the discussion, Karen Clay came up with an idea to create an on-line repository for our policies/procedures that would become the authoritative source of information for Ministers and Ministry Leaders use only. Karen Clay recommends that for this repository to become the authoritative source, the following three steps must happen:
- Identify some processes behind how information is updated as instantaneously as possible.
- Staff resources and processes to support
- Expectation of the church that the repository is where you get that information. Karen Clay distributed three draft documents for review (OGOT Ministries Online Repository Site Map, Graphical OGOT Ministries Online Repository Site Map and OGOT Ministry Description Form Elements).
It was mentioned that the following three major components on the design of the on-line repository was viewed from the following group point of view: Congregation/New Member; Ministry Leaders; and Ministry Members:
- Ministry Descriptions
- Policies & Procedures
- Ministry Minutes
It was recommended by Karen Clay that daily correspondences (emails, texts, notes) not be added to on-line repository. Rev Lameteria Hall will send out the date when Ministry Leaders should provide/submit the OGOT Description Form Elements to Karen Clay to input into the repository
OGOT Choir – Amber Havranek
- One new member (Ms. Stephanie Deny) join choir after the Burning Bowl Service.
- On Jan 22nd Mr. Karter James, will be guest soloist
- On Feb 26th Aaron Hill and Ama Chandra will be guest performers
Multi-Media – Elladonna Lanier
- Processing proposal for “Come Dance with the Stars and You” – March 31-7-11 PM•Laptop computer was donated to Multi-Media
Optimal Health – Roshann Steele
- As Ministry of the Month for February 2017, Optimal Health will have a hospitality table each Sunday in February, except February 12, 2017.
Special Services – Henrietta Coward
- Nothing to report
Usher/Hosts/Hostess – Michael Staples
- Applebee Flapjack Breakfast event – March 11, 2017 – 8 – 11 AM
Youth Ministry – Bessie Haskins
- Sweet Sunday (dessert for sale) and Youth Sunday – January 29, 2017
- Rev Judith Hokhmah has started meditation with the youth. To be done each 2nd Sunday of the month
- .A total of five teachers have been qualified to teach Sunday School.
Bridges – Rev Jeannette-Gatewood Johnson
- During the whole of 2017, the ministry will be reviewing and revamping the ministry policies and procedures manual.
- Annual retreat will be during UFBL 2017 POT in Montego Bay, Jamaica (9-13 Aug). Dates will be announced.
- Sacred Marriage Vows Renewal Ceremony, February 12, 2017, 1130-0400 PM. Each couple must be legally married to participate and it is open to the community. The ceremony is open to everyone, but the brunch open to couples and guest.
Closing Prayer – Meeting was adjourned by Rev Lameteria Hall with closing Prayer at 2:00 PM.
Attendance of Ministry Leaders:
Rev. Bernette Jones – Senior Minister
Rev. Lameteria Hall – Assistant to the Minister/Facilitator
Rev. Annette Kinel – Board
Rev. Jeanette Gatewood-Johnson – Bridges
Van Johnson – Choir/Board
EllaDonna Lanier- Multimedia
Henrietta Coward – Special Services
Karen Clay – Optimal Health
Roshann Steele – Optimal Health
Michael Staples – Ushers
Bessie Haskins – Youth
Amber Cohen-Havranek – Choir
Peagan – Guest