One God One Thought Center for Better Living
Ministry Leader’s Meeting Minutes
March 10, 2018
Call to Order: Meeting was called to order at 1:00 PM by Rev Lameteria Hall
Opening Prayer: Rev Lameteria Hall
Daily Inspiration: Roshann Steele
February 2018 Minutes: Elladonna Lanier motioned to approve the February 2018 Ministry Leaders Meeting minutes with grammatical errors to be corrected and it was seconded by Karen Clay. Motion carried.
March 2018 Focus: Awake Our Oneness – “I AM The One”
Rev Lameteria Hall thanked everyone who participated in the spiritual energizer (Laughter Yoga) this morning and that the statement, “As a Leader, it is important to honor and nurture the body as well” should be taken into consideration. It is important to take time to laugh, because life is not that serious.
- Rev. Lameteria Hall mentioned that she was inspired to run 40-Day Love Campaign and the goal was to connect with a minimum of 4,000 persons. That goal was achieved with fast communication with social media.
- Rev Lameteria Hall stated OGOT is planning for the entire church to experience POT Healing Service on August 5, 2018. The church will be close that Sunday. Plans are in progress to have bus available to take congregates to the service.
Ministry Updates and Announcements
Multi-Media – Elladonna Lanier
- As the Ministry of the Months we have been giving out “Give A ways” at each service during March.
- The Prom for 2018 is still in developments along with the JCTS registration for the Class Reunion, which consist of a Friday Night Meet and Greet, a Prom on Saturday night and the Sunday Fellowship Service.
- No updates.
JCTS Registration – Debra Ruffin-Dorsey
- We should keep Debra-Ruffin-Dorsey and her family lifted as her Brother-In-Law made his transition this month. It is very important that we keep each other connected on situations that are going on in our lives, so that emotional support can be provided spiritually, mentally, or physically.
- JCTS is partnering with Multi-Media to celebrate a Reunion (a three-day event) during mid-June 2018; however, the two ministries are looking for another ministry to help and support.
Harmony Book Store – Sheila Troy
- The John Randolph Price book has arrived and the May McCarthy book for the upcoming workshop has been inventoried and is in the bookstore. “The Path to Wealth” will be included in a package for those who register for the workshop (April 22, 2018) at a price of $41.00 (includes ticket and book) or the book only is $16.00, or workshop only is $25.00.
- If anyone have books for classes, the bookstore is receiving them as donation.
Prosperity Ministry – Rev. Lameteria Hall
- There will be an announcement by Rev Bernette Jones during 2018 Annual Church Meeting in April regarding the leader of the Prosperity Ministry./li>
Ushers/Hostesses-Host Ministry – Elaine Atlee
- The date for the Flapjack Breakfast is scheduled for April 28, 2018 at AppleBee’s restaurant starting 8:00 am. The committee is still working on the details.
Optimal Health – Roshann Steele
- The juicing demonstration schedule for our March meeting is being rescheduled for our April meeting.
- This August will be the 10th anniversary of the start of the ministry. A celebration is being planned. Polo Shirts are being planned to be sold during Optimal Health’s Anniversary in August 2018.
Special Service – Henrietta Coward
- Rev Lameteria Hall advised that as of now there is no cleaning service and if any of the ministries are having an event, please, as leaders have your committee members clean up after themselves.
Spiritual Arts – Emma Sembly-Brodie
- The ministry will support writers with the Writer Roundtable, a small event scheduled for March 18 from 1130 AM to 0100 PM in room 109, which include writing exercises and discussion.
Prayer Ministry – Elaine Atlee
- We are still inviting people to participate in the Mastermind prayer held on Thursdays from 6:15p – 7p. The ministry is looking into how to have people participate remotely. The Mastermind Prayer is also being updated.
- Rev Lameteria Hall advised that Youth Sunday is scheduled for April 29, 2018 and the youth will presenting The Twelve Powers Play.
- No updates.
Good Friday Service – Rev Richard Huge
- Good Friday is scheduled for 1200 noon on March 30, 2018 and Rev Richard Huge will be delivering the message.
OGOT 2018 Annual Meeting
- The Annual Meeting is scheduled for April 29, 2018 after service and there will be no election this year. There will be special unveiling of the OGOT Repository with Karen Clay as the facilitator.
Closing Prayer – Meeting was adjourned by Lameteria Hall with closing Prayer at 1:52 PM.
Attendees: Sheila Sembly-Crun (Harmony Bookstore), Rev. Lameteria Hall (Asst. to Senior Minister), Henrietta Coward (Special Services), Emma Sembly-Brodie (Spiritual Arts), Karen Clay (Optimal Health), Elaine Atlee (Hostess/Ushers), Van Johnson (BoD/Choir), Richard H. Huge, Roshann Steel (Optimal Health) and Elladonna Lanier (Multi-Media)